Credits & Acknowledgements
Orginally published Apr 2016
Last updated Aug 2021
Credit Goes to a Lot of People!
The enthusiasm and work of a large number of people made our village Web Museum possible. The list grows as the years go by, and is in addition to credits often given specifically alongside contributions in the body of the Museum.
Winsham Web Museum cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy of information provided by contributors or opinions expressed by them. We are not responsible for the content of external websites with whom the site may have links .Where photographs have been submitted for inclusion in the Winsham Web Museum the copyright is assumed to belong to the person who submitted it, or that they have authority to do so from the copyright holder.
A History of Winsham
- Winsham before the Conquest - Stella Abbey
- Norman and Medieval Period - Stella Abbey
- Domesday Winsham - Bob Osborn
- The 'West England Cloth Factory' - Joan Aslett
- Winsham in 1961 - John Gapper
Adapted for the web by John Sullivan, helped by the Millennium Book Committee, Malcolm Howard & Bob Osborn.
The Parish of Winsham
- The Cricket St Thomas Estate -Earlier History - Bob Osborn
- The Cricket St. Thomas Estate -Recent History - John Taylor
- Forde Abbey - Bob Osborn
- Leigh House - Bob Osborn , Clifford Lee& David Holmes.
The Civil War-Father against son - Contributed by Col. & Mrs W Knapp.
- Charlton Cottage - contributed by Mr & Mrs S.Weller
- Jubilee Hall - Stella Abbey, John Sullivan, Sandy Wells
- School Log Books - first transcriptions by Jean Thompson and Bob Osborn
- Names from the School Log Books - transcribed by Bob Osborn
- Review and development of first transcriptions by Jackie George
- Elementary education in the 19th century - John Sullivan
- Gallery designed and written by Paul Smith, who also did all the Illustrations and maps. The maps were adapted for the Web Museum by Jan Sullivan. 'Threshing with Steam Driven Traction Engine'-watercolour by John Sullivan.
Winsham at Play
- Other Organisations
- Winsham Art Club - Joan Aslett, Terry Goodman
- Winsham Coronation Band - Margaret and Roger Tett
- Pictures supplied by Phil Kershaw, Stella Abbey and many others
Winsham at Worship
- St Stephen's Church - Bob Osborn
- St Stephen's Church bells - Keith Fowler
- Rood screen, introduction - John Sullivan
- United Reformed church - Michael Hebditch
Winsham at War
- War Memorials and 'The Story of Private Newton' - Peter Duffell
- Enlargement of Home Guard section-researched by Charlie Hawker
- Help with identifying names of members of Home Guard - Jeffrey Wilson
author of 'The Somerset Home Guard - A Pictorial Roll-Call'.
- 'A walk in the September sun' - Peter Duffell
- Picture of refurbished War Memorial: 2011 - John Gapper
Winsham Parish Council
Nick George, Stella Abbey, Janet Smart
- Local Geology
- Contour Map - Paul Smith
- Fossils - Paul Smith, photographs by Annie Dent
- Nature's Great Sightings - Paul Smith
- Flora and Fauna
- History & Habitat - Paul Smith
- Watercourses - Paul Smith
- Road & Lane Verges - Paul Smith
- Woodland - Paul Smith
- Buildings & Undeveloped Farmland - Paul Smith
Winsham at Work
Robert Shearer, Richard and Anne Rose, Denis McCallum, Phil Kershawand many others. Researched and written by John Sullivan.
Individually credited throughout the website where possible
- The Winsham I Remember - W H Paull
- The Magic that was Purtington - Paul Smith
- Genealogical research-Judy Hodge
- Reminiscences-various pictures from Ian Monkton
Starting a Web Museum
John Sullivan & Bob Osborn
Original Web Museum Management Committee
John Sullivan (Chairman), , Peter Duffel, Jackie George, Bob Osborn, Janet & Roy Smart, Stella Abbey, Joan Aslett, Paul Smith, Jean Thompson
Design - Bob Osborn
Web Photo Manipulation & Optimisation - Bob Osborn
On-going Web Management
John Sullivan (2003 - 2021)
New Website (2021)
Design, Creation and Information Migration - Bethany Fowler